Reporting Illness or Injury
Report all illnesses or injuries to the UT System Office of Risk Management. Follow all instructions for your situation and role. Visit the Risk Management website for more information https://riskmanagement.tennessee.edu/
- EHS staff also receive notices of these incidents.
- Please contact EHS directly with any urgent needs.
Employee accidents must follow all Workers Compensation requirements including timely and proper reporting to CorVel. The State of Tennessee can issue substantial fines to your department for failure to report, delayed report, or seeking treatment for non-emergencies prior to reporting.
Employees include: anyone who receives pay directly from UT and is listed in IRIS as an active employee, not “Friend of the University”
- Full and part time staff
- Graduate Assistants (GAs, GRAs, GTAs)
- Student Assistants (employees)
When asked by CorVel: “Who is your employer?’’ Answer with the appropriate response below:
- ‘I work for the State of TN – UT Knoxville (UTK)’
- ‘I work for the State of TN – UT Graduate School of Medicine’
- ‘I work for the State of TN – UTIA – College of Veterinary Med. (CVM)’
- ‘I work for the State of TN – UT Institute of Agriculture (UTIA)’
When an accident involving a non-employee occurs an incident report must be completed, which can be found under General Liability. Do not report employee accidents here.
- Friends of the University
- Students not employed by the University
- Workstudy students
Non-Employee Accident Procedures
Need to Report a Near Miss?