The mission of the Department of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is to coordinate a comprehensive and continuing accident prevention and health maintenance effort compatible with the functions of the University.
The program is designed to create a healthful and safe atmosphere for study, research, service and employment, and to promote good health and safety practices by the student body, faculty, staff and visitors. The program is intended as a guide in planning, organizing, and controlling related programs in each college and administrative unit. The objective of the program is the protection of life and property by prevention of accidents and environmental related diseases.
The program operates under the authority of System-wide policy SA0100 and is supported by the UT Code of Conduct statement on Environmental Health & Safety Programs
We are refining and focusing information in a manner that we hope is helpful. Should you need assistance or wish to provide feedback please contact us.
Some recent changes:
- First ever blog post on the new site. Look at the post at the top right if viewing on a larger format. Scroll down on a mobile device.
- The Safety Manual documents are mostly complete, but some will be reformatted or revised soon.
- New media and resources are available in the Safety Manual section as well.
- The training schedule has a dedicated page
- Hazardous Waste and waste pickup schedule have dedicated pages now.
- The 2017 SPCC Plan is now posted in the Safety Manual
- The revised Bloodborne Pathogen Program is posted in the Safety Manual