As we prepare for holiday meals, Environmental Health and Safety reminds the campus community to stay safe at the table.
Please consider the following tips
- Wash your hands frequently when handling food.
- Keep raw meat away from fresh produce.
- Use separate cutting boards, dishes, and utensils for uncooked and cooked meats.
- Use a food thermometer to ensure meat is cooked to a safe temperature.
- Refrigerate hot or cold leftovers within two hours of being served.
- Leftovers are safe for 3-4 days when properly refrigerated.
For additional information on cooking safety please visit foodsafety.gov
Remember, that safety begins between the ears and please make safety a part of your holiday!