As snow and ice threaten our roadways, please remember some key aspects of safe winter driving. Let help keep all Vols safe on the road.
- Prepare your vehicle; ensure maintenance is up to date.
- Remove dirt, ice, and snow from mirrors, lights, camera lenses, and sensors.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Increase following distance to 8-10 seconds.
- If your vehicle skids, turn into the direction of the skid to help regain traction.
For more information on safe winter driving visit the National Safety Council’s information on winter driving safety.